Professional Web Project Management for Drupal
Drupal is increasingly used for large scale web projects. This brings greater complexity and risk â€” and a greater responsibility for Drupal professionals to manage the project well to ensure success.
In this course we will cover the foundations of Agile project management, and then go into more advanced areas such as quality and risk management, involving and reporting to stakeholders, and managing the whole project lifecycle.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Help client-side project managers and owners to manage their own teams and projects, and to successfully procure and manage services from agencies â€” being a smart client.
- Help agencies to interface well with clients, providing a professional service, good communication and steering the project well.
- Give project managers more tools and techniques to delivery a highly professional service.
No experience of any of the subjects is necessary. Participants are encouraged to bring examples of project management problems they have encountered or overcome. Laptops are not necessary.
In advance of the course we are running a six week programme of blogs and other materials about Healthy Web Projects which cover the basics of some of the areas we will go into detail on in the course, so you may wish to follow these. You can also follow the series on our twitter feed @WunderRoot.
- Introduction: The challenges facing large web projects
- Agile/Scrum 101
- Being a perfect product owner
- Being a superb scrummaster
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder involvement and reporting
- Applying best practice to all stages of a web project from procurement to live
- Special considerations for Drupal projects
- The most common problems to watch out for, and how to solve them
- The Real World - answering your questions and challenges
- Your personal action plan to take away
People who work, or want to work, on large web projects â€” whether that is client-side or agency-side. Roles could include procurement, product owner, project manager, scrummaster.
Wunderkraut (known in the UK as WunderRoot) is Europe's largest Drupal agency, and we delivery big projects for well known clients all the time.
This training is comprised of modules that we deliver to in house company training for clients to help them understand our approach to project management.
The trainers are:
- Vesa Palmu: Over 15 years experience of web project management. Now the CEO of the Wunderkraut group.
- Steve Parks: Has led web projects for large media sites. Also specialises in risk and business continuity, and recently chaired the Annual Executive Forum of the Business Continuity Institute. MD of WunderRoot UK.
- Joonas Kiminki: Has led web projects for large retailers and media companies. Specialises in Agile training. MD of Wunderkraut Finland.
- Steve Hunton: Has managed large web projects for public sector organisations, media companies and more. Steve is the author of a whitepaper on applying Agile in combination with Quality and Risk management. WunderRoot's UK Projects Manager.