Join Juampy and Pedro and learn how to grow your Drupal contribution skills and stay social at the same time. This session will introduce DrupalContribute events and give some advice on how to start contributing or improve as a contributor.
DrupalContributes are small gatherings where a group of people work on the issue queue of a contributed module.
In this session we will deeply get into what DrupalContributes are, the reasons why you should attend them, why you definitely want to organize them and how to grow your contribution and coding skills while staying social.
We will share our experience in these kind of events after successful experiences with major modules such as Twitter and Devel, with all the tips and tricks learnt in the way.
What do DrupalContributes bring about:
- They empower local groups, which get along together to participate.
- Maintainers get a lot of work done in the issue queue.
- Attendants learn to interact with the issue queues, performing triages, reviewing and submitting patches, and also testing the module and improving its documentation.
What this session will cover:
- DrupalContribute, what it is and why to organize/attend one.
- Cases of success. Personal experience.
- Tips and tricks on how to organize one.
- What to do if you donâ€™t have a maintainer close enough.
- As a maintainer, why should I care?
- Contribution is for everybody: a large variety of skills are useful (triage, automated testing, documentation, UX...).
- Improving your coding skills ( with some technique examples, such as pair programming, scrum...).
- Improving your drupal profile.
- Share with others.
- Other sibling formats: Drupal Ladder, Sprints.