Birds of a Feather (or BoFs) are informal gatherings of like-minded individuals who wish to discuss a certain topic without a pre-planned agenda. BoFs are a great place to meet other members of the community with similar interests.
BoFs allow groups to meet and discuss issues relating to regular conference sessions and talk out common problems. BoFs can be serious, and a great way to gather the people youâ€™ve been working remotely with on a project in a space to deep dive on a topic, but they can also be fun as well!
- Be respectful of pre-scheduled BoFs. If all the rooms are all reserved, meet in the hallway!
- Collaborate! If there are similar topics scheduled, contact the BoF owner to see if you can combine your topics. Alternately, if your BoF gets too large, itâ€™s ok to splinter!
- Does your BoF complement an existing session? Talk to the session owner about plugging your BoF at their session if yours comes later!
- Don't abuse the BoFs. BoFs that appear sales-y or have promotional content or that violate the Code of Conduct will be cancelled.
- Have fun and learn! The BoFs exist to provide attendees with an inclusive, informal environment in which to share ideas freely.
When can I schedule a BoF?
You can schedule a BOF right now! BoFs may be scheduled Tuesday-Thursday during regular session times and lunch.